3 – Days | 5 – Days | 7 – Days
Beginner | Average | Advance
Dubai | Abu Dhabi
Basic Mechanics and Accounting for VAT
It is projected that on the 1st of January, 2018 a common Value Added Taxes (VAT) framework will be implemented across the GCC states. This course will allow you to provide the necessary direction to your accounting, finance, IT, business development and other concerned departments for the successful implementation of the VAT. We will help you recognize the terms, principles and basic mechanics of the VAT as they will be adopted and implemented in the GCC. In addition, this course gets you prepared by upgrading the skills of your accounting staff to fully understand and properly account for the VAT. From invoicing to recording entries and preparing VAT return forms, this course provides an overview of the accounting treatment of the VAT according to the various types of goods and services.
The course uses a mix of interactive techniques, such as brief presentations by the consultant, application of theories and group exercises to exchange experience and apply knowledge acquired throughout the course.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- List major terms of VAT such as a taxable person, input VAT, output VAT, exempt supplies and much more
- Recognize the effect of VAT adoption on their company’s financial statements
- Explain how to account for VAT on purchase and sales of goods or services whether the entity is registered in VAT or not
- Use the company’s trial balance to fill up a VAT return
- Formulate a preliminary assessment of impact of VAT adoption on operations and accounts
- Assess impact of VAT on selected industries
Staff accountants, senior accountants, chief accountants, accounting managers, controllers, internal auditors, tax consultants, tax preparers, IT professionals, business development managers and other professionals in any of the company’s functions.
|Issues to be considered and addressed by industry|