3 – Days | 5 – Days | 7 – Days
Beginner | Average | Advance
Dubai | Abu Dhabi
Effective Budgeting and Cost Control
Planning and budgeting are must-have skills for all professionals regardless of their function or managerial level. This course covers the concept of budgeting as a planning tool, a financial device and a control mechanism. In addition, it provides the necessary application of a long and short-term planning decisions.
This course focuses on exercises, case studies, and individual and group presentations.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Defend the importance of linking an organization’s budget with its strategic plan
- Demonstrate how the budget relates to the key financial statements: balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow
- Prepare the key elements of an operating and capital budget and evaluate the different budgeting approaches used
- Apply cost control tools, analyze management variance reports and take proper corrective action
- Calculate different capital budgeting evaluation techniques as included in a capital expenditure proposal
- Utilize cost-volume-profit analysis in making budgeting decisions
All managers, supervisors and analysts who prepare or use management budgets.