3 – Days | 5 – Days | 7 – Days
Beginner | Average | Advance
Dubai | Abu Dhabi
Finance for Non-Finance Professionals
To succeed at any employment level and position, knowledge of basic financial principles is critical. ‘Finance for non-Finance Professionals’ transforms financial and accounting concepts into decision making tools you can use successfully every day. You learn to apply the fundamentals of finance to improve budget management, increase potential profits, and assess the financial performance of business activities.
You will understand the terminology used by accounting and finance staff and will feel more confident when being involved with them or using them. This course will help you do a better job and prepare you for senior management positions where financial awareness is crucial.
The course uses a mix of interactive techniques, such as brief presentations by the consultant, case studies and group exercises to apply knowledge acquired throughout the course.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define the four key financial statements: balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and changes in owner equity as well as key financial terms such as profit, margins and leverage used in organizations
- Interpret the financial health and condition of a company, division or responsibility center and use financial information for management and evaluation
- Distinguish between accounting and finance and explain the finance role in running businesses
- Prepare a company’s operating budget and relate it to the organization’s strategic objectives
- Apply capital budgeting techniques and cost-volume-profit analysis to enhance decision making
Managers, supervisors and staff from any function including finance who need to improve understanding and usage of financial information.