Society for Human Resource Management Certified Professional / Senior Certified Professional
SHRM certification is an American gold standard HR professional credential which is respected around the globe, as it is among the first HR certifications that is focused on teaching and testing the practical, real-life information HR professionals need to excel in their careers today, including knowledge, skills and behavioral competencies.
The SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP encourage HR professionals to acquire the competencies and knowledge they’ll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success, now and in the future.
These certifications, built with employers in mind, will help set the global standard for excellence in HR.
What is the eligibility criteria for SHRM CP & SHRM SCP?
|Less than a Bachelor’s Degree||Bachelor’s Degree||Graduate Degree|
|Credential||HR-Related Degree||Non-HR Degree||HR-Related Degree||Non-HR Degree||HR-Related Degree||Non-HR Degree|
|SHRM-CP||3 years in HR role||4 years in HR role||1 year in HR role||2 years in HR role||Currently in HR role||1 year in HR role|
|SHRM-SCP||6 years in HR role||7 years in HR role||4 years in HR role||5 years in HR role||3 years in HR role||4 years in HR role|
A SHRM-CP credential holder is eligible to sit for the SHRM-SCP exam after successful completion of one three-year SHRM-CP recertification cycle.
Less than a bachelor’s degree includes: working toward a bachelor’s degree; associate’s degree; some college; qualifying HR certificate program; high school or GED.
What is exam format?
The SHRM-CP & SHRM-SCP exam is computer-based and 3 to 4 hours in length:
• The SHRM-CP exam consists of 160 questions (90 knowledge/40 situational judgment/30 field test items)
• The SHRM-SCP exam consists of 180 questions (90 knowledge/60 situational judgment/30 field test items)
How much is SHRM CP and SHRM SCP?
|Exam Fees||SHRM Member Price||Nonmember Price|
|Exam Fee (SHRM-CP & SHRM-SCP)||$300 USD||$400 USD|
|Application Processing Fee (non-refundable)||$50 USD (included in exam fee)||$50 USD (included in exam fee)|
|Late Application Fee (non-refundable)||$75 USD||$75 USD|
When and where I can give examination?
Examination can be given twice in a year during following two testing windows:
– Spring Window: May 1 to July 15, 2015
– Winter Window: December 1, 2015 to February 15, 2016
Exams are administered through Prometric. Prometric operates a network of 10,000 test centers including Dubai and Abu Dhabi in UAE.
What will be the teaching methodology?
We use SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP. This new and comprehensive program is filled with unique features, including innovative SmartStudy™ tools, comprehensive learning modules, and interactive online multi-media resources to help streamline your study time, expand your competencies and knowledge and build confidence for passing the certification exam.
Online multi-media resources include:
• Assessment: Identify topics you already know and those areas that require more time and attention.
• Tests: Test your situational judgment, knowledge and comprehension with more than 1,000 questions.
• Post-test: Gain experience with the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam format by completing the post-test that mimics the certification exam in style, function, timing and weighted topics.
• Online Resource Center: Download flashcards and access HR updates, related links, feedback feature and more.
Which certification best for you: SHRM CP or SHRM SCP?
Determining whether to pursue the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP credential is an important decision involving multiple factors worthy of consideration. While education and years of experience are the criteria that determine eligibility, it is equally important to consider the nature of your HR role and responsibilities.
SHRM-SCP certification is designed for HR professionals at a senior level who operate primarily in a strategic role—developing policies and strategies, overseeing the execution of HR operations, analyzing performance metrics, and/or contributing to the alignment of HR strategies to organizational goals.
SHRM-CP certification is designed for HR practitioners who are engaged primarily in an operational role—implementing policies, serving as the HR point of contact for staff and stakeholders, and/or performing day-to-day HR functions. If this is your focus, the SHRM-CP is likely your best option, even if you meet the eligibility criteria for the SHRM-SCP.
What to expect in exam of SHRM CP & SCP?
The SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Exams are computer-based tests in English. The exams are administered by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and cover the following topic areas:
• Leadership and Navigation
• Business Acumen
• Ethical Practice
• Relationship Management
• Critical Evaluation
• Global and Cultural Effectiveness
Studying for SHRM CP was easy, affordable and very enjoyable. Apex Institute provides great information and student support. I also met some great people during my course completion. I would definitely recommend Apex Institute for SHRM CP certification.
A very interesting and valuable experience. I learnt a lot and it gave me a good grounding in the basics. It really made me prepare for SHRM SCP exams. I found the course interesting, challenging, and rewarding. Thanks Apex Institute.
It has been a truly invaluable learning experience for me. I want you to know that I have learnt so much from my trainer. I would like to thank Apex Institute for support and guidance which helped my pass SHRM CP exams first attempt.
Ali Al Rashdi
Study Options Available
CMA Training Classes in Dubai and Abu Dhabi Weekend and weekday / Morning & evening batches are available Qualified tutors Exam style questions thoroughly solved in class.
ONE TO ONE TRAINING
Best CMA training institute for One to Once classes Ideal for those who cannot commit to fixed class timings. Lectures are planned according to your own schedule.
FAST TRACK TRAINING
CORPORATE IN HOUSE
Why You Should Choose Apex Professional Training Institute
- Interactive teaching methodology is used for focused and accurate knowledge
- Extensive emphasis on exam practice sessions which enable candidates to develop necessary skills required to pass exam in first attempt.
- Individual home assignments are provided to students for better preparation of real examinations.
- Class discussions & participation are integral part of lectures so as students comprehend difficult concepts with examples.
- Regular class test sessions are taken so that students can judge their performance.
- Full compliance with international learning and development standards and guidelines for preparation and study methodology.
Our Campus Location: Abu Dhabi | Masdar City | Dubai
Abu Dhabi City Campus
Level – III,
Abdullah Darwish Building,
Corner of Hamdan & Salam Street,
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Landline: +971 2 6720066
Course Inquiry: +971 55 679 4618
Masdar City Campus
(Only specific courses)
Level – I,
(Near Masdar Institute of Science & Technology)
Masdar City, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Landline: +971 2 672 0066
Course Inquiry: 00971 55 679 4618
9th Floor, Conrad Hotel,
Opposite Dubai World Trade Center,
Sheikh Zayed Road,
Dubai – UAE
Course Inquiry: 00971 50 963 1642