Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
US GAAP training classes in Dubai and Abu Dhabi
Apex Professional Training Institute offers US GAAP training classes and study material. Study US GAAP from best institute and ensure your success in first attempt. We offer weekend and weekday classes. Both morning and evening classes are available. Did you already appeared in US GAAP exams but failed to pass? Special exam practice classes are available for second attempt students.
A knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) is significant to those entities that currently are or, plan to be, publicly listed in the US. Subsidiaries of US parent companies also have a need to understand the application of US GAAP in order to comply with consolidation rules and corporate information requirements.
The US FASB and the IASB are committed to convergence of key pronouncements into a common set of global accounting standards in order to provide transparency, consistency, and comparability in financial reporting. US GAAP will therefore have a strong influence on new global GAAP. An understanding of US GAAP will help all firms to implement upcoming changes in accounting standards due to convergence with IFRS.
- Application of US GAAP financial statement requirements, including accounting policies and disclosures
- Implement the US GAAP recognition and measurement rules for assets, liabilities, revenues, expenses, gains and losses
- Recently-issued standards and upcoming changes
- Understand the complex rules for revenue recognition, financial instruments and asset impairment
- Determine compliance with other reporting issues
- Application of ‘fair value’ measurement requirements
- Increase planning opportunities through awareness of likely future US GAAP convergence with IFRS.
- Gain familiarity with information sources for researching US GAAP topics
- Analyze US GAAP financial statements to determine financial performance
- Accountants, analysts and finance professionals not familiar with US GAAP, and those who are interested in refreshing their US GAAP knowledge.
- Accountants employed by first-time adopters of US GAAP and those employed by foreign subsidiaries of US firms.
Who should attend?
If you are a professional accountant or auditor, qualified in accordance with your national accounting standards, then this is the qualification for you. You do not need to have any experience or formal qualifications in accounting and auditing to apply for this certificate.
Professionals in the fields of finance and accounting, especially in small and medium-sized, nonpublic entities as well as larger organizations who wish to increase their knowledge of simplified version of IFRS.
Examination and Passing Criteria
The pass marks are 50%. The exam will be paper based having multiple choice questions. The exams can be given in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
• Unit 1: The Financial Reporting Environment
• Unit 2: Financial Statements
• Unit 3: Statement of Cash Flows
• Unit 4: Income Statement Items
• Unit 5: Financial Statement Disclosure
• Unit 6: Cash and Investments
• Unit 7: Receivables
• Unit 8: Inventories
• Unit 9: Property, Plant, Equipment, and Depletable Resources
• Unit 10: Intangible Assets and Other Capitalization Issues
• Unit 11: Payables
• Unit 12: Employee Benefits
• Unit 13: Noncurrent Liabilities
• Unit 14: Leases and Contingencies
• Unit 15: Equity
• Unit 16: Business Combinations and Consolidated Financial Reporting
• Unit 17: Derivatives, Hedging, and Other Topics
• Unit 18: Governmental Accounting
• Unit 19: Governmental Reporting
• Unit 20: Not-for-Profit Concepts
• Live classroom lectures
• Description and explanation of IFRS technical requirements in clear and simple language with real-world financial statements of financial institutions to demonstrate IFRS presentation and disclosure requirements
• By using Case studies explanation of following:
• Presentation of the rules for impairment of assets, with practical examples
• Explanation and demonstration of the measurement and revaluation option for tangible and intangible assets
• Explanation and demonstration of the accounting rules relating to expenditures for the exploration for and evaluation of mineral resources
Study Options Available
CMA Training Classes in Dubai and Abu Dhabi Weekend and weekday / Morning & evening batches are available Qualified tutors Exam style questions thoroughly solved in class.
ONE TO ONE TRAINING
Best CMA training institute for One to Once classes Ideal for those who cannot commit to fixed class timings. Lectures are planned according to your own schedule.
FAST TRACK TRAINING
CORPORATE IN HOUSE
Why You Should Choose Apex Professional Training Institute
- Interactive teaching methodology is used for focused and accurate knowledge
- Extensive emphasis on exam practice sessions which enable candidates to develop necessary skills required to pass exam in first attempt.
- Individual home assignments are provided to students for better preparation of real examinations.
- Class discussions & participation are integral part of lectures so as students comprehend difficult concepts with examples.
- Regular class test sessions are taken so that students can judge their performance.
- Full compliance with international learning and development standards and guidelines for preparation and study methodology.
Our Campus Location: Abu Dhabi | Masdar City | Dubai
Abu Dhabi City Campus
Level – III,
Abdullah Darwish Building,
Corner of Hamdan & Salam Street,
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Landline: +971 2 6720066
Course Inquiry: +971 55 679 4618
Masdar City Campus
(Only specific courses)
Level – I,
(Near Masdar Institute of Science & Technology)
Masdar City, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Landline: +971 2 672 0066
Course Inquiry: 00971 55 679 4618
9th Floor, Conrad Hotel,
Opposite Dubai World Trade Center,
Sheikh Zayed Road,
Dubai – UAE
Course Inquiry: 00971 50 963 1642