Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (US GAAS)
US GAAS training classes in Dubai and Abu Dhabi
Apex Professional Training Institute offers US GAAS training classes and study material. Study US GAAS from best institute and ensure your success in first attempt. We offer weekend and weekday classes. Both morning and evening classes are available. Did you already appeared in US GAAS exams but failed to pass? Special exam practice classes are available for second attempt students.
Modern day auditing is energetic and electrifying, adding real value to the organisation and operating at the highest levels. The reputation of many audit functions is soaring – it is increasingly recognised as a catalyst for change and a business partner. As a consequence of this, internal auditors have to have the full range of knowledge and skills to ensure that they can carry out their function at world class levels.
Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, or GAAS are sets of standards against which the quality of audits are performed and may be judged. Several organizations have developed such sets of principles, which vary by territory. In the United States, the standards are promulgated by the Auditing Standards Board, a division of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
• Application of US GAAP financial statement requirements, including accounting policies and disclosures
• Implement the US GAAP recognition and measurement rules for assets, liabilities, revenues, expenses, gains and losses
• Recently-issued standards and upcoming changes
• Understand the complex rules for revenue recognition, financial instruments and asset impairment
• Determine compliance with other reporting issues
• Application of ‘fair value’ measurement requirements
• Increase planning opportunities through awareness of likely future US GAAP convergence with IFRS.
• Gain familiarity with information sources for researching US GAAP topics
• Analyze US GAAP financial statements to determine financial performance
Who should attend?
• Auditors, Accountants, analysts and finance professionals not familiar with US GAAS, and those who are interested in refreshing their US GAAS knowledge.
• Accountants employed by first-time adopters of US GAAS and those employed by foreign subsidiaries of US firms.
Examination and Passing Criteria
The pass marks are 50%. The exam will be paper based having multiple choice questions. The exams can be given in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
• Unit 1: Engagement Responsibilities
• Unit 2: Professional Responsibilities
• Study Unit 3: Risk Assessment
• Unit 4: Strategic Planning Issues
• Unit 5: Internal Control Concepts and Information Technology
• Unit 6: Internal Control – Sales-Receivables – Cash Receipts Cycle
• Unit 7: Internal Control — Purchases, Payroll, and Other Cycles
• Unit 8: Responses to Assessed Risks
• Unit 9: Internal Control Communications and Reports
• Unit 10: Evidence – Objectives and Nature
• Unit 11: Evidence – The Sales-Receivables – Cash Cycle
• Unit 12: Evidence – The Purchases-Payables – Inventory Cycle
• Unit 13: Evidence – Other Assets, Liabilities and Equities
• Unit 14: Evidence – Key Considerations
• Unit 15: Evidence – Sampling
• Unit 16: Reports – Opinions and Disclaimers
• Unit 17: Reports – Other Modifications
• Unit 18: Review, Compilation and Special Reports
• Unit 19: Related Reporting Topics
• Unit 20: Governmental Audits
Why You Should Choose Apex Professional Training Institute
- Interactive teaching methodology is used for focused and accurate knowledge
- Extensive emphasis on exam practice sessions which enable candidates to develop necessary skills required to pass exam in first attempt.
- Individual home assignments are provided to students for better preparation of real examinations.
- Class discussions & participation are integral part of lectures so as students comprehend difficult concepts with examples.
- Regular class test sessions are taken so that students can judge their performance.
- Full compliance with international learning and development standards and guidelines for preparation and study methodology.
Study Options Available
CMA Training Classes in Dubai and Abu Dhabi Weekend and weekday / Morning & evening batches are available Qualified tutors Exam style questions thoroughly solved in class.
ONE TO ONE TRAINING
Best CMA training institute for One to Once classes Ideal for those who cannot commit to fixed class timings. Lectures are planned according to your own schedule.
FAST TRACK TRAINING
CORPORATE IN HOUSE
Our Campus Location: Abu Dhabi | Masdar City | Dubai
Abu Dhabi City Campus
Level – III,
Abdullah Darwish Building,
Corner of Hamdan & Salam Street,
Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Landline: +971 2 6720066
Course Inquiry: +971 55 679 4618
Masdar City Campus
(Only specific courses)
Level – I,
(Near Masdar Institute of Science & Technology)
Masdar City, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
Landline: +971 2 672 0066
Course Inquiry: 00971 55 679 4618
9th Floor, Conrad Hotel,
Opposite Dubai World Trade Center,
Sheikh Zayed Road,
Dubai – UAE
Course Inquiry: 00971 50 963 1642